SkinSideOut, the first-of-its-kind skin health event for the ISF and indeed for people affected by a wide range of chronic inflammatory skin conditions in Ireland, will take place on Saturday 16th November, from 11am – 4pm, in the Science Gallery, Trinity College Dublin.
SkinSideOut is open to all members of the public struggling to manage the everyday challenges of living with skin disease. This full day event will include a series of talks and panel discussions given by expert medical speakers and patient advocates covering six topics – Atopic Eczema; Psoriasis; Acne & Rosacea; Consumer; Skin Cancer Prevention – in five sessions throughout the day.
First-of-its-kind skin health event SkinSideOut will explore the challenges of living with a range of common skin conditions such as Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne & Rosacea. Spaces are limited so register your interest early!
The five talks and panel discussions on the day include:
- Atopic Eczema Panel – Claire Brock, Moderator; Dr Maeve McAleer, Consultant Dermatologist; Paul Herriot, Patient Advocate.
- Exploring Acne and Rosacea – Dr Síona Ní Raghallaigh
- Psoriasis on Your Mind? – Claire Brock, Moderator; Prof Brian Kirby, Consultant Dermatologist; Caroline Irwin, Patient Advocate; Dr Eddie Murphy, Clinical Psychologist.
- What’s Really in Your Face Cream? – Prof Anne-Marie Tobin
- Skin Cancer Prevention Panel – Kate O’Flaherty, Healthy Ireland; Prof Anne- Marie Tobin, Consultant Dermatologist; Kevin O’Hagan, Irish Cancer Society; Kay Curtin, Patient Advocate; David McMahon, Irish Skin Foundation.
A breakout social space will be provided following the Eczema and Psoriasis panels for people to go and exchange experiences with one another during relaxed and informal discussions.
Throughout the day, the public will have an exciting opportunity to speak with skin care brands exhibiting at SkinSideOut, about their product ranges available for managing different skin problems and receive samples to try.
Each attendee will also receive a free surprise gift on the day to take home!
Ask the experts. Chat with your peers. Meet with skin care brands & speak with them about products available for managing your skin problems. Free surprise gifts for each attendee!
To ensure access, all talks and panels listed above will be ticketed separately. Registration fee per talk per person will be €5.
If you would like to book your ticket visit Eventbrite!
If you need guidance about any of the issues in this post or another skin infection or disorder, contact the ISF Helpline for free assistance and information.