The Irish Skin Foundation (ISF) is the national charity supporting people with skin disorders. We have an exciting opportunity for a versatile and energetic Events and Communications (E&C) Manager to assist in the delivery of our mission. The position will be based at the ISF’s offices in the Charles Institute for Dermatology at UCD, Belfield, Dublin 4.
Title: Events and Communications Manager
Reporting to: CEO
Role: Full-Time, 39 per week, 6 months’ probation
Start Date: Immediate
The E&C Manager will be an employee of the ISF and will work across our small staff team. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- management of the charity’s annual programme of events
- events-related communications, promotion, social media and general media relations
- management of sponsor/exhibitor relations and events budgeting
The E&C Manager will work closely with the CEO, the health promotion team and a wide range of volunteers and companies who work with the ISF. The post holder will also have significant scope to develop the role.
Other responsibilities of the role include the development, management and implementation of a broad mix of event’s marketing activities. Previous experience of working in a busy marketing, communications or public relations environment would be a distinct advantage. The E&C Manager must also be available for occasional work outside of regular office hours (for evening or weekend meetings), to travel to the charity’s occasional overseas events and be able to drive.
The successful candidate should have the following experience, skills and attributes:
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a business-to-business-focused marketing team
- primary degree in marketing or business-related discipline
- experience of working with external marketing agencies and designers
- a strong work ethic and sense of initiative
- effective team player and an ability to work autonomously
- people and project management skills
- media relations expertise
- social media proficiency (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Eventbrite)
- familiarity with WordPress or equivalent would be an advantage
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- strong attention to detail and accuracy
- work well under pressure
Please send a brief cover letter and 1-to-2 page CV to David McMahon, CEO of the ISF at email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 17 October 2018.