Join us for our 2nd annual ‘Get Sun Smarter’ awareness event which aims to prevent ‘Killer Tans’, 11am – 2pm on 9th & 10th April in the O’Brien Centre for Science East, UCD.
Attendees at this free public two-day event can look forward to:
- The latest Melanoma research findings from Systems Biology Ireland, Charles Institute of Dermatology and Conway Institute researchers, with a microscope demonstration of what melanoma looks like up close.
- Information and guidance on how to look after your skin in the sun from the Irish Skin Foundation.
Killer Tan: The Sun and your Skin
Dr. Patrick Ormond (Skin Cancer Expert and Consultant Dermatologist
@ George Moore Auditorium E0.08, 10 April,12 noon
- Also! A fun way to check your face for sun damage through UV photography, courtesy of the Irish Cancer Society.
- Free sunscreen samples, courtesy of Bioderma, Elave, Eucerin and La Roche Posay
- Competitions with fabulous prizes!
We want everyone in Ireland to learn to Protect & Inspect their skin! Download our short guide, written with hospital-based dermatologists, to checking your skin.
Click for more more about Protect & Inspect!