Listen back to Shirley telling her story on Ireland AM, Virgin Media about developing melanoma skin cancer that almost cost her her life. Consultant Dermatologist, Professor Anne-Marie Tobin also gives advice on how protect your skin and be #SunSmart this Summer!
For more media coverage on SunSmart:
- Irish Examiner: Skin deep: Children’s skin is very sensitive to UV radiation and needs to be protected
- Irish Farmer’s Journal: Watch: how to stay sun smart while working outdoors
- Agriland.ie: New skin-cancer video series launched
- Dublin City FM: Good For You Interview with Prof Anne-Marie Tobin
- Live 95FM Limerick: How can you enjoy the sun safely?
We want ‘Everyone Under the Sun‘ to be SunSmart, particularly during peak-UV months from April to September – even if you’re just out for a stroll, queuing for the shops, or mowing the lawn! Read our short guide, written with hospital-based dermatologists, to protecting and checking your skin.