Personal trainer Chris Moore starts a new series of articles to help you get fit this year.
I hope the last of the selection boxes and mince pies are gone by now, it’s the New Year, and you know what that means!? New Year’s resolutions!
My name is Chris Moore, and I’m a personal trainer working from UCD Sport & Fitness. This year I hope to help you guys not to just lose some of that Christmas weight, but to teach you some of the tricks I have learned to live an all-round healthier lifestyle.
So, what can you expect to hear from me over the next few months? If you are new to exercise and fitness, I want to show you some of the safest and most beneficial ways you can get started. If you’re already a keenly into exercise, I want to show you how to make better exercise choices.
You can expect to see practical nutritional tips to help you beat not only the Christmas bulge, but help you get the most out of life by energizing your body.
And finally, I hope to give you effective tips to energize your mind through breathing and meditative exercises (I’m a big fan of Yoga!).
Before I go, let me leave you with 5 quick tips to help you kick start your new year:
- BE AN ACTION TAKER, if there is something you would like to achieve or do, get started.
- HAVE A GOAL AND A PLAN to reach that goal. A goal without a plan is only a wish.
- SURROUND YOURSELF WITH LIKE-MINDED PEOPLE who are on the same journey as yourself.
- Always STRIVE TO BETTER YOURSELF.
- Most importantly, ENJOY THE PROCESS. As Alan Watts once said, “The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance”.
Keep your eyes peeled for more tips coming your way this year!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.