Due to the rapidly evolving circumstances surrounding the Covid-19 virus, we regret to inform you we have taken the decision today to cancel the Dermatology Study Day 2020, on 21st March next.
The Irish Skin Foundation is delighted to announce its fifth annual Dermatology Study Day for hospital, community-based, GP practice, public health nurses, pharmacists and others involved in providing care to people living with skin conditions will take place from 9am – 3:20pm, Saturday 21st March, Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8.
Delegates of the ISF Dermatology Study Day can look forward to a interesting line up of expert speakers from the world of dermatology and which will be beneficial in the first-line management of skin disease in hospital, community, and primary care*.
The annual event provides an exciting opportunity to learn from the experts and bring new knowledge and skills back to the workplace and attendees will also get the opportunity to meet and talk during the event with exhibitors on new and innovative products on the market.
Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP), Credits (External: Conference): 5.5, GMS Study Leave: 1
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), CUEs: 5
The 2020 Programme:
- An overview of common skin infections, Dr Maeve McAleer, Consultant Dermatologist
- Assessment and management of melanoma, Dr Shirley Potter, Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon
- “Does she need another joule?” Acne, rosacea and lasers, Dr Rosemary Coleman, Consultant Dermatologist
- Up-to-date management and treatment of psoriasis, Prof Anne-Marie Tobin, Consultant Dermatologist
- Chronic itch: causes and treatments, Dr Ian McDonald, Dermatology Specialist Registrar
- Identifying and understanding blistering skin disorders, Sheila Ryan, Dermatology Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Practical approaches to wound management, Gillian O’Brien, Dermatology Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Chaired by Carmel Blake, Dermatology ANP at Tallaght University Hospital, ISF Helpline Clinical Manager
Complimentary lunch and refreshments included.
Following on from the success of previous years, the Dermatology Study Day promises to be an unmissable educational opportunity, therefore we advise people to get their ticket well in advance to avoid disappointment!