Help people struggling to manage severe eczema to gain access to a potentially life-changing new treatment. Please write to your TD today, ask them to call on the HSE to reimburse dupilumab urgently:
- Dupilumab has been available in Northern Ireland and western Europe for over two years
- Write to your TD: add your own story and experiences to the draft email below
- For more information about dupilumab, download this factsheet
To send e-mails, follow these four simple steps:
- Select your constituency from the dropdown menu
- Fill in your name and contact details
- Edit the e-mail to reflect your views and experiences
- Press send!
** This advocacy campaign ran from November 2020 to January 2021**
The ISF would like to thank the hundreds of people who supported our work to advocate for the availability for Dupilumab in Ireland. We would also like to extend our thanks to TDs and policy makers who supported the eczema and dermatology patient community in raising awareness of this important issue.
In February 2021, the HSE’s Executive Management Team supported reimbursement of this treatment. Following this decision the ISF paused our campaign pending developments currently underway. We expect patients struggling to manage treatment-resistant atopic eczema to be able to access this new treatment, through hospital dermatology clinics, by the summer 2021.
Please see our statements below for more information about this campaign.
February 5, 2021
Follow access-to-dupilumab advocacy developments
The ISF has been working to raise awareness and to secure access to dupilumab, follow developments below:
- Related: Update on Dupilumab: HSE Management Supports Reimbursement
- Related: Update on Dupilumab: HSE Drugs Group Supports Reimbursement
- Related: Take Action: treatment for severe eczema still not available in Ireland
- Related: Psychosocial burden and out-of-pocket costs in patients with eczema in Ireland
- Related: Counting the cost of childhood eczema
- Related: Wonder Drug that’s Been Denied to Eczema Sufferers
- Related: Call for Access to Game-Changing Eczema Treatment on RTÉ’s Ray D’Arcy Show
- Related: ISF Calls for Access to Life-Changing Eczema Treatment
- Related: New Irish data reveals hidden burdens of living with Atopic Eczema
- Related: ISF makes NCPE submission advocating for access to Atopic Eczema treatment
Find out more about ISF advocacy click here. If you have questions about dupilumab or this campaign please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also monitor the progress on the HSE’s assessment of dupilumab by following this link: http://www.ncpe.ie/drugs/dupilumab-dupixent/
This webpage and campaign is an independent advocacy initiative of the Irish Skin Foundation, it has been not supported or sponsored by Foundation Partners or corporate donations.